How to Move / Show Details Pane At Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?|NETTER KINGDOM How to Move / Show Details Pane At Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?

Monday, June 27, 2011

How to Move / Show Details Pane At Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?

If you can remember the good old Longhorn days when Windows Vista was under Beta testing, the Details Pane in Windows Explorer used to show at top just below the Command Bar. But in Windows Vista RTM (Final version), the Details Pane was moved to bottom. Same thing applies to Windows 7 as well. There are many people who still want to get the Details Pane at top as shown in our AeroVG theme preview picture:





You can also change the "Details Pane" position from Bottom to Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer using following simple steps:
1. We'll have to edit "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file. So first take ownership of this file using following tutorial:
Add Take Ownership Option in File / Folder Context Menu in Windows Vista and 7
2. Now open the file in Resource Hacker.
3. Goto "View -> Find Text" (or press Ctrl + F). It'll open Find box.
4. Now type following String in textbox:
layoutpos="bottom"
5. Click on "Find Next" button and it'll show the line containing this text. It should be in UIFILE section.
6. You have to just replace "bottom" word with "top".
7. When you have done, click on "Compile Script" button.
8. Now press "F3" key and it'll show the next line containing the same text. Again do the same mentioned in 6th step.
9. Remember! You have to replace "bottom" word with "top" only in following locations (i.e. keys under UIFILE section):
3, 4, 5, 6, 19, 20, 21
10. If you also want to show the Details Pane at Top in Browse/Save/Open dialog boxes, then replace "bottom" word with "top" in 27 and 28 keys too.
11. That's it. You have done. Now save the file at some other location, for example in D: drive.
12. Rename original "Shell32.dll" file present in "System32" folder to "shell32_backup.dll".
13. Now copy your new modified "shell32.dll" file to "System32" folder.
14. Restart your system and after restart Windows will start using your new modified file and you'll get details pane at Top.

Comments :

21 komentar to “How to Move / Show Details Pane At Top in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?”

Anonymous said...
on 

Thank you for some other excellent post. The place else may anyone get that type of info in such a
perfect method of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm on the
look for such information.

Here is my web blog - clickbank wealth formula

Anonymous said...
on 

Definitely consider that which you stated. Your favourite reason appeared to be on
the net the easiest thing to consider of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while other folks consider concerns that they
just don't know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the whole thing without having side-effects , folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

My weblog :: bad credit Installment Loan

Anonymous said...
on 

I am no longer positive the place you're getting your information, but great topic. I must spend some time finding out much more or understanding more. Thank you for great info I was in search of this information for my mission.

Here is my page who is the best web host

Anonymous said...
on 

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to
your site? My website is in the very same niche as yours and my users would genuinely
benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Appreciate it!

my web page: real at home jobs

Anonymous said...
on 

I do not even understand how I ended up right here, however I believed this publish was good.
I do not understand who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger in case you are not already.

Cheers!

My web site seo search engines

Anonymous said...
on 

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand
your stuff previous to and you are simply extremely excellent.
I really like what you've received here, certainly like what you are saying and the best way wherein you say it. You make it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is actually a tremendous website.

Visit my web blog: refinance Loan

Anonymous said...
on 

Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old
one! It's on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

Review my web page consolidate private and federal student loans

Anonymous said...
on 

If some one needs expert view regarding running a blog after that i
propose him/her to pay a visit this blog, Keep up the pleasant work.


My web blog virgin island vacation packages all inclusive

Anonymous said...
on 

Hello, this weekend is fastidious in support of me, as this occasion i am reading
this impressive educational piece of writing here at my house.


Also visit my webpage can i get a home with bad credit

Anonymous said...
on 

I needed to thank you for this fantastic read!! I absolutely
enjoyed every little bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to check out new stuff you post…

My webpage :: digital products Affiliate

Anonymous said...
on 

Hi, Neat post. There's a problem with your site in internet explorer, could test this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace leader and a big component to other folks will miss your magnificent writing because of this problem.

my webpage ... credit Card Affiliate

Anonymous said...
on 

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources
back to your blog? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and
my users would genuinely benefit from some of the information you present here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks a lot!


Here is my homepage - click the up coming post

Anonymous said...
on 

Hi there, of course this paragraph is genuinely
fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it on the
topic of blogging. thanks.

my homepage: Great New business ideas

Anonymous said...
on 

Somebody necessarily assist to make severely articles
I'd state. That is the very first time I frequented your web page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this actual publish amazing. Wonderful process!

Also visit my homepage; 利用者:CherylBla - AWS-CloudDesignPattern

Anonymous said...
on 

If you desire to increase your experience only keep visiting this site and be updated
with the most recent news posted here.

Feel free to visit my web page; in hosting

Anonymous said...
on 

My family all the time say that I am killing my time here at web,
but I know I am getting know-how every day by reading thes good
content.

Feel free to visit my web-site - Lost password

Anonymous said...
on 

The weblog that explain ... Keep up the very good function!


my web site: money making websites

Anonymous said...
on 

Good location. I like it quite a bit ...

but why so short?

Check out my web site - günstig in deutschland urlaub machen

Anonymous said...
on 

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was totally right.

This post actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had
spent for this information! Thanks!

Here is my weblog ... Dragonvale hack

Anonymous said...
on 

illuminating and entertaining. I’ve added your internet log
to my “reading material.” Proceed me updated!


Here is my web page damenschuhe online kaufen

Mobile App Developers said...
on 

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

Post a Comment

Please don`t spaming !
Please do not put a link in the comments box. Author of comments have been getting backlinks from this blog.
I will deleted if your comment is spam or put your link IN THE COMMENTS BOX !!!
Have a nice day my friend... :D

Top Commenters